Here we are in 2020 and I’ve decided that this year I’d choose the word IMPROVEMENT for my one-word focus. The aspects in my life that I’d like to improve on are:
- Work: career and finance
- Health: physical and mental health
- Learning: personal development
- Social: relationships with others
- Home Environment: living conditions
I hope to create a few more books and courses this year. While books don’t generate a lot of income for me, it does bring me intrinsic satisfaction.
- Specific goal #1: Complete three new books by December 2020.
- Specific goal #2: Create one new course.
As always, I will keep my eyes open for new opportunities for improving my cash flow. These schemes and jobs don’t always pan out but if I have learned something in the process, well then it wasn’t a total waste of my time and energy.
- Specific goal #1: Find two new sources of short term income.
- Specific goal #2: Find one long-term income source.
I need to step up my game in the health department. I’m not getting any younger and I’d like to remain active for as long as possible. This year I will concentrate on physical rather than mental health since that’s what needs the most work.
- Specific goal #1: Lose 20 pounds by December 2020.
- Specific goal #2: Engage in 30 minutes of physical activity daily.
My BFF in Tennessee and I challenge each other to keep learning even at our advanced age. To that end, we’ve taken several classes online together, providing each other motivation to finish and holding each other accountable for applying what we’ve learned in our lives. Currently, we are both interested in learning more about becoming life coaches and are enrolled in a Cognitive Behavioral Theory course as the first step.
- Specific goal #1: Finish the CBT course and obtain CBT certification
- Specific goal #2: Complete a second life coaching certification course.
Living where I do it’s easy to become socially isolated. Many of my relationships these days are online and that just isn’t as satisfying as it could be. This year I’d like to travel and spend more time with loved ones in person.
- Specific goal #1: Make one trip to the U.S.
- Specific goal #2: Make one trip in Mexico.
Our house is still under construction. I’ve found that if I don’t make specific goals to complete sections of the house, it just doesn’t get done.
- Specific goal #1: Finish the back porch.
- Specific goal #2: Finish the front of the house.
Since my 2020 word is improvement, even if I don’t meet all my goals, as long as I have IMPROVED, then I’ll have achieved my objective. What are you planning this year?
How perfect is this bundle for my 2019 One-Word Goal of ORGANIZE? Eating healthy isn’t something that you are able to do if you aren’t organized! I mean really, there’s the planning, the ingredient shopping, the preparation all before you can sit down and enjoy a lovely, healthy meal!
This year’s Healthy Meal Planning bundle is just $37 for all breakfast, lunch, dinner, and side recipes and just $10 more for the drink and breakfast recipes. Just look at the list of recipes!
Baked Goods (87 recipes)
Breakfast (124 recipes)
Dinner: Celebrations & Holiday Meals (54 recipes)
Dinner: Everyday (93 recipes)
Dinner: Freezer Meals (65 recipes)
Dinner: One-Dish Wonders (72 recipes)
Dinner: Quick & Easy (85 recipes)
Dinner: Slow Cooker / Instant Pot (96 recipes)
Light Meals (76 recipes)
Salads & Sides (122 recipes)
Snacks (97 recipes)
Soups (101 recipes)
Beverages (75 recipes)
Desserts (127 recipes)
But that’s not all. This $1,038 value bundle also includes 30+ ready-to-use meal plans with shopping lists and prep notes. Some of the meal planners are specifically geared for busy moms, breastfeeding moms, gluten-free, instapot, seasonal, camping, vegetarian, slow cooker, short on time, and company’s coming!
And there’s more! The bundle also includes 5 ecourses, 5 ebooks, and 4 printable packs and workbooks all designed to help you eat healthier this year!
Available only January 2 until January 7 so don’t wait!
In January, inspired by Monique Alvarez, I made a list of goals for 2017. Mid-point through the year, I thought I’d let you know how I’m doing in manifesting these aims.
- Create 52 memes from my Instagram photos. Replace memes on my blog with my own. Share once a week. So I didn’t get 52 done, but I did get some done, like the one above. Isn’t it lovely?
- Find linkys and link up. Completed for January, February, March, May and June with SOTBS Bloggers. (See New Year’s Resolutions, Thank your lucky chickens, Why I choose Mexico, Discovering Permaculture, Flavors of Mexico)
- Have a blog post ready for every week over the course of the year. Publish on Mondays. January, February, March success. April a post every day. May, June, July twice a week. Some weeks I managed a post a day!
- Complete the A to Z Blogging Challenge in April. Done!
- Search out women authors in Mexico to feature once a month. January-July scheduled. (See Inspirational Women)
- Update astore. 😦 Nope. Didn’t get to this one yet! However since this will be discontinued by Amazon in a few months, it’s just as well.
- Pin at least one picture from each blog post to Pinterest. Completed!
- Add disclosure statement. Which caused a huge disaster when sharing to Facebook and required the addition of featured images to every single post! I’m still working on fixing this!
- Have a post per day on my Facebook page at least a month scheduled in advance. Good through June 31.
- Write an ebook. Worked on it, but haven’t finished.
- Change affiliate links from text to banner links. Work in progress!
- Instigate a Blogs about Mexico Worth Reading series. The June was a great success. Look for more featured blogs in July and August!
Income generating goals
- Find income totaling $250 USD per month to replace school job before July. Became a book reviewer. Revenue estimated at $50 per month. So I’m not quite there yet. I’ve also begun ghostwriting at a women’s Prepper site. Look for more information on that coming soon!
- Complete proofreading course. Took Herbal Medica Course and Introduction to Permaculture courses instead.
- Quit the elementary school Hasn’t happened yet.
Goals for the house in Sunflower Valley
Goals for the house in La Yacata
- Get beginners solar electricity setup, finish wiring installation on the second floor, get light fixtures I did find a contractor to buy these things from and have an estimate. Now I have to save enough pesos to make it a reality. I’m still hoping this will happen by the end of the year.
- Finish patching the second floor As this is dependent on my husband, it’s been slow going. The first layer is completed on the walls. It still needs a second layer, and the ceiling finished.
- Get tile for the back room, laundry room, second floor Not happening until the first two are complete.
- Get under stairs closet, upstairs bathroom door, bedroom door, and handrail from carpenter Not happening until the first three are complete.
- Check out chef school. My son and I visited the school. It is currently on hold until he is enrolled in UVEG Online Preparatory.
- Register for UVEG. This has to wait until he receives his secondary diploma in July.
- A trip to Chichen Itza Sigh. I’m not sure when this is going to happen.
Bear in mind, these were the primary goals. There are oodles of minor goals and goals that cropped up since January. I feel like I’ve made some progress though. How have your New Year’s Resolutions been coming along?