Here we are in 2020 and I’ve decided that this year I’d choose the word IMPROVEMENT for my one-word focus. The aspects in my life that I’d like to improve on are:
- Work: career and finance
- Health: physical and mental health
- Learning: personal development
- Social: relationships with others
- Home Environment: living conditions
I hope to create a few more books and courses this year. While books don’t generate a lot of income for me, it does bring me intrinsic satisfaction.
- Specific goal #1: Complete three new books by December 2020.
- Specific goal #2: Create one new course.
As always, I will keep my eyes open for new opportunities for improving my cash flow. These schemes and jobs don’t always pan out but if I have learned something in the process, well then it wasn’t a total waste of my time and energy.
- Specific goal #1: Find two new sources of short term income.
- Specific goal #2: Find one long-term income source.
I need to step up my game in the health department. I’m not getting any younger and I’d like to remain active for as long as possible. This year I will concentrate on physical rather than mental health since that’s what needs the most work.
- Specific goal #1: Lose 20 pounds by December 2020.
- Specific goal #2: Engage in 30 minutes of physical activity daily.
My BFF in Tennessee and I challenge each other to keep learning even at our advanced age. To that end, we’ve taken several classes online together, providing each other motivation to finish and holding each other accountable for applying what we’ve learned in our lives. Currently, we are both interested in learning more about becoming life coaches and are enrolled in a Cognitive Behavioral Theory course as the first step.
- Specific goal #1: Finish the CBT course and obtain CBT certification
- Specific goal #2: Complete a second life coaching certification course.
Living where I do it’s easy to become socially isolated. Many of my relationships these days are online and that just isn’t as satisfying as it could be. This year I’d like to travel and spend more time with loved ones in person.
- Specific goal #1: Make one trip to the U.S.
- Specific goal #2: Make one trip in Mexico.
Our house is still under construction. I’ve found that if I don’t make specific goals to complete sections of the house, it just doesn’t get done.
- Specific goal #1: Finish the back porch.
- Specific goal #2: Finish the front of the house.
Since my 2020 word is improvement, even if I don’t meet all my goals, as long as I have IMPROVED, then I’ll have achieved my objective. What are you planning this year?