Well, we’ve made it to the end of 2020 and what a year it’s been! While it didn’t turn out quite how anyone was expecting, I did manage to meet some of my beginning of the year goals. This year I picked a sort of lame word for my focus “Improvement.” I’m calling it lame because I wasn’t exactly sure what I’d accomplish but as long as I “improved” I’d hit the target. I thought I’d work on 5 sections of improving my life.
- Work: career and finance
- Health: physical and mental health
- Learning: personal development
- Social: relationships with others
- Home Environment: living conditions
- 2020 goal #1: Complete three new books by December 2020.
- Paperback version of Exploring Traditional Herbal Remedies in Mexico Jun 5, 2020
- Paperback version of Playing Tourist in Mexico: A Collection of Adventures from Women Traveling in Mexico Jan 4, 2020
- Paperback version of The History of Moroleon for Kids December 22, 2020
- Kindle and paperback version of Book Building: A Beginner’s Guide to Crafting Your Book Jun 26, 2020
- Kindle and paperback version of Book Hawking: A Beginner’s Guide to Marketing Your Self-Published Book Jun 22, 2020
- Kindle and paperback version of A Woman’s Survival Guide to Disasters in Rural Mexico: A Framework for Empowered Living Through Crisis Mar 29, 2020
- Kindle and paperback version of Book Weaving: How to Create a Story Tapestry From Your Blog Threads May 29, 2020
- Kindle and paperback version of Book It: A Beginner’s Guide to Self-Publishing and Marketing on Amazon Jul 5, 2020
- 2020 goal #2: Create one new course.
- DIDN’T HAPPEN!
- 2020 #1: Find two new sources of short term income.
- Ultimate Bundles Herb Book
- OE curriculum writing
- 2020 #2: Find one long-term income source.
- 2-3 articles per week for a website that focuses on the elderly
- 2020 goal #1: Lose 20 pounds by December 2020.
- 2020 goal #2: Engage in 30 minutes of physical activity daily.
- Mostly met.
- I did get a stationary bike for more indoor movement and yet another dog for more outside movement.
- 2020 goal #1: Finish the CBT course and obtain CBT certification
- 2020 goal #2: Complete a second life coaching certification course.
- The Science of Well-Being at Coursera offered by Yale
- 2020 goal #1: Make one trip to the U.S.
- Pandemic meant no travel
- 2020 goal #2: Make one trip in Mexico.
- Duh, Pandemic again!
- 2020 goal #1: Finish the back porch.
- About ½ finished
- 2020 goal #2: Finish the front of the house.
- Progress but not finished
So, as you can see, some aspects improved more than others. I managed to crank out 5 new books and 3 paperback versions for previously published ones, which was way more than I expected. Therefore, I’m not going to fret about what didn’t get done. It was a stressful year, wouldn’t you agree? How did your goals go?