This year I’m going to try something different. Gretchen Rubin published an article about making a 21 for 2021 list and I thought I’d give it a try. Initially I had difficulty since all my goals were work-related. I don’t want to be working ALL THE TIME, even as we continue in our quarantine, I thought I needed some balance.
So in 2021 the one-word focus for me will be Balance. I divided the 21 goals into home improvements, creature comforts, spirituality, family, career, financial security, and physical/health. I also ordered a habit tracker calendar from Amazon to help me stay on track when the days all run together. So here are my goals:
- Paint the outside front of the house
- Buy the lot next door
- Maintain a clean living environment (not as easy as it sounds).
- Buy new pajamas and fluffy slipper socks sets (for continued quarantine)
- Read 12 books I love
- Take the time for foot treatments for cracked heels
- Express daily gratitude
- Take time to enjoy the moments in nature
- Help my son work towards adulthood by getting passport/bank accounts
- Give love and attention to the animals daily
- Maintain the good health of all family members
- Finish writing 3 books
- Complete 2 Udemy courses
- Work towards creating a new blog for ESL teachers
- One full-year online writing job
- One part-year online job
- One full-year online teaching job
- Use the stationary bike every day
- Take a minimum of 3 dog walks every day
- Maintain vitamin/medication regime
I’m hoping that in 2021, the old adage we used to say about March in Pennsylvania holds true “in like a lion and out like a lamb” when it comes to COVID. Even so, I tried to make goals that can be done while socially distancing. There’ll be time enough for travel and other activities after, I hope.
What do you have planned for 2021?