I was nominated the other day for a blogging award. Yep, little old me. My son’s first comment was “Will there be a cash prize?” Nope. Nonetheless, I will pay it forward. I would like to thank My Heart of Mexico for the nomination. I’ve really appreciated her positive comments about our adventures aka disasters in Mexico.
The rules for the Brotherhood of the World Award awards
- Thank the bloggers who nominated you and link back to them.
- List the rules and display the badges on your blog.
- Answer the questions.
- Nominate other bloggers and notify them.
- Come up with questions for them to answer.
Questions for the Brotherhood of the World Award
Who are your favorite authors?
I am a voracious, eclectic reader. I read everything I can get my hands on. Two books that have changed my life are:
I'm in Charge of Celebrations (Aladdin Picture Books)
This incredible children’s book inspired me to create the life I have now.
Ishmael: An Adventure of the Mind and Spirit This book inspired me to rethink my place in the world.
What are your favorite things to do and places to go in your city?
I don’t live in the city. I don’t live in a town. I don’t even live in what could be called a village. In the cluster of houses that form what could be called a neighborhood, my favorite thing to do is head up to the rooftop to “survey my kingdom.” It involves catching a breeze, watching the animals and daydreaming.
Share a funny story:
Actually, nothing comes to mind right now, which is pretty funny actually.
What is your favorite word?
Adventure. It’s all a matter of perspective.
How do you organize your blogging schedule?
I write when I have some time or have something important to say, then schedule the posts at regular intervals so as not to overwhelm my readers. (As if.)
What are your biggest dreams?
My biggest dream is to one day have solar electricity at our home.
What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
The main reason I blog is to help other would-be Mexican residents to get an accurate picture of what life in rural Mexico is like. (See my Resource Page)
What was your original idea for your blog? Has it changed or have you stuck by it?
My original idea was to tell our stories so that my mom could read about my life here in Mexico. She does. I still tell my story for my mom, but now have a broader audience.
What are you most passionate about?
Injustice. “There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.”–Elie Wiesel
If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would you go and which 5 items would you pack in your suitcase?
If I could go anywhere tomorrow, I would go to the Monarch Butterfly Preserve in Michoacan, Mexico. I would take my camera and good walking shoes. I hope to make this trip in the near future.
Questions for nominees from My Heart of Mexico
- Why did you start your blog? I began my blog to tell our amazing stories.
- How do you find inspiration for your posts? My blog posts are all actual events. Like they say, the truth is stranger than fiction.
- What do you like most about blogging? I enjoy writing.
- What is your biggest challenge as a blogger? Time.
- What motivates you to keep blogging? There are always more stories to tell.
- What do you do in your free time? Free time? What’s that?
- Who is the most important person in your life? My son.
- What would the perfect day be like for you? There are no perfect days, only perfect moments.
- What is number one on your bucket list? Visiting the Monarch Butterfly Preserve in Michoacan, Mexico.
- What is a motto or quote you live by? Life is either daring adventure or nothing–Helen Keller
- What will you do when your blog makes it big? Have more adventures.
My questions for my nominees
1. What unexpected blessings has writing a blog brought you?
2. Who would you want to read your blog that doesn’t?
3. What is your favorite blog post?
4. What blog post has received the most attention, positive or negative?
5. Are you currently working on a new project? What is it?
6. Is there something that you think your readers should know about you? What is it?