In January, inspired by Monique Alvarez, I made a list of goals for 2017. Mid-point through the year, I thought I’d let you know how I’m doing in manifesting these aims.
- Create 52 memes from my Instagram photos. Replace memes on my blog with my own. Share once a week. So I didn’t get 52 done, but I did get some done, like the one above. Isn’t it lovely?
- Find linkys and link up. Completed for January, February, March, May and June with SOTBS Bloggers. (See New Year’s Resolutions, Thank your lucky chickens, Why I choose Mexico, Discovering Permaculture, Flavors of Mexico)
- Have a blog post ready for every week over the course of the year. Publish on Mondays. January, February, March success. April a post every day. May, June, July twice a week. Some weeks I managed a post a day!
- Complete the A to Z Blogging Challenge in April. Done!
- Search out women authors in Mexico to feature once a month. January-July scheduled. (See Inspirational Women)
- Update astore. 😦 Nope. Didn’t get to this one yet! However since this will be discontinued by Amazon in a few months, it’s just as well.
- Pin at least one picture from each blog post to Pinterest. Completed!
- Add disclosure statement. Which caused a huge disaster when sharing to Facebook and required the addition of featured images to every single post! I’m still working on fixing this!
- Have a post per day on my Facebook page at least a month scheduled in advance. Good through June 31.
- Write an ebook. Worked on it, but haven’t finished.
- Change affiliate links from text to banner links. Work in progress!
- Instigate a Blogs about Mexico Worth Reading series. The June was a great success. Look for more featured blogs in July and August!
Income generating goals
- Find income totaling $250 USD per month to replace school job before July. Became a book reviewer. Revenue estimated at $50 per month. So I’m not quite there yet. I’ve also begun ghostwriting at a women’s Prepper site. Look for more information on that coming soon!
- Complete proofreading course. Took Herbal Medica Course and Introduction to Permaculture courses instead.
- Quit the elementary school Hasn’t happened yet.
Goals for the house in Sunflower Valley
- Get tinaco and bathroom fixed. (See Waterfalls in the kitchen)
- Get roof fixed (See Fixing the roof)
- Get sofa. (Nope. See Furnishings)
Goals for the house in La Yacata
- Get beginners solar electricity setup, finish wiring installation on the second floor, get light fixtures I did find a contractor to buy these things from and have an estimate. Now I have to save enough pesos to make it a reality. I’m still hoping this will happen by the end of the year.
- Finish patching the second floor As this is dependent on my husband, it’s been slow going. The first layer is completed on the walls. It still needs a second layer, and the ceiling finished.
- Get tile for the back room, laundry room, second floor Not happening until the first two are complete.
- Get under stairs closet, upstairs bathroom door, bedroom door, and handrail from carpenter Not happening until the first three are complete.
- Check out chef school. My son and I visited the school. It is currently on hold until he is enrolled in UVEG Online Preparatory.
- Register for UVEG. This has to wait until he receives his secondary diploma in July.
- A trip to Chichen Itza Sigh. I’m not sure when this is going to happen.
Bear in mind, these were the primary goals. There are oodles of minor goals and goals that cropped up since January. I feel like I’ve made some progress though. How have your New Year’s Resolutions been coming along?